Wednesday 17 March 2010

it's been a while

I had one of those moments this morning. At somewhere around 8:30 whilst out walking the dog and listening to the iPod on shuffle, there was a moment of multiple coincidence of such greatness I thought I'd write it down. Half way round the walk (half way up a hill in Scotland) there is a clearing in the dense pine forest, I walk through it most days, it has a wonderful view of Deeside from valley to mountain. Today was no special day at all, just another walk, the air was clear, still and had a slight chill in it. As I walked towards the clearing with the dog way out front and my iPod giving me AC/DC delivered at eleven I wasn't really taking it in..... However just (and I really do mean just) as I walked out of the wood and in to the small patch of light Back in Black came to an end, and as the view suddenly sprung it's self on me I heard the starting glissando of Elbows one day like this, for the first time in months there wasn't snow on the ground and grey clouds in the sky..... a crisp vista of clear fine detail stretched out in front of me, from the rich green of the scots pine to the brilliant white of the snow caped mountain and a sky to blue you swim in it. For a moment I had to sit down and drink it all in. I'm not one of those who believes anything like this can happen by any other means than sheer coincidence, sometimes the world can show you some truly beautiful things, for me, the world today is a slightly better place for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment