Tuesday 13 April 2010

An end to the desperate cling to power.

Really..... general election, manifestos, lies, lies and more lies...

For my ten pence worth, I'm fed up of the way we are all being treated by our politicians. At the very mention of the the word "election" suddenly every MP out there is saddling up to whoever and however many they can with very big (very fake) smiles, and a great list of promises as if to buy your vote with "everything's going to be better with us". Is it? no, I didn't think so, would somebody in parliament please stand up and say something along the lines of "actually it's not going to be easy, the current government has in fact buggered us all sideways, it's going to cost a lot of money and take a long time to sort it out".
I would vote for someone who would actually treat me with the level of intelligence I deserve. I would even give my vote to an MP who could come clean and tell me tax will go up if you vote for us, at least that way we can start to pay off the colossal debt the labour government have decided that shall be their one true lasting legacy. After all, we did keep voting them in, we only have ourselves to blame.

All the time we hear soundbites of each party stating that every other party out there hasn't changed, will fail us again, and can't possibly lead us out of recession. Does this mean none of them can? Should we all go to the polling station on May the 6th and spoil our ballot papers, in a massive vote of no confidence? Does anybody really wonder why there is so much voter apathy?

Have to take the Lovely dog for a walk... will be back to rant some more later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment